Below are answers to commonly asked questions:
- Is it safe to give online?
- Absolutely. PSI is grateful for the donations that help us continue our valuable work. It is very important to us that your personal information remain secure. When you donate through psi.org, your credit card information is secured by a reputable security company. Also, your credit card number is used only for that particular transaction and is not stored.
You will also notice in your web site address bar that the domain name starts with an “https” when you are on our donation pages. This indicates that information is transmitted using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), which means it is encyrpted before it is sent from your computer over the Internet to our website. This encryption actually makes your donation transaction more secure than using a credit card in physical form at a store. If you have any questions regarding the security of your credit card donation online, please e‐mail us email@example.com.
- Internet Protocol Address:
- We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- What personal information do you collect and how do you use it?
- PSI.org only collects personal information that website visitors choose to share with us when they sign up to receive emails, make charitable contributions, or apply for jobs. PSI does not sell contact lists or personal information to third parties. You may update your information at any time to personalize your online communication preferences, including opting out of all emails. If you have other preferences or have questions about our communications practices, please contact us and we will be happy to respond.
What about other kinds of non‐personal information?
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address:
- We collect an IP address from all visitors to our website. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our website, analyze trends gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve our website, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our website, we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. PSI may send the friend a one‐time email inviting them to visit the website.
- Other Websites: